District 25, O'Leary - Inverness
Honourable Robert L. Henderson
Minister of Tourism and Culture
Robert Henderson was first elected to the Legislative Assembly in the provincial general election of 2007 in District 25, O’Leary-Inverness. He was re-elected in 2011.
Mr. Henderson has served as Chair of the Standing Committees on Community and Intergovernmental Affairs and on Education and Innovation. He was also a member of the Standing Committees on Health, Social Development and Seniors; Agriculture, Environment, Energy and Forestry; and Legislative Management. He was also a member of the Executive Council Strategic Planning Committee and the Executive Council Operations Committee.
He is a former economic development officer, employment counsellor and farmer, and has been an active community volunteer. Prior to entering politics, Mr Henderson was an active community volunteer taking on leadership roles on numerous community organizations.
Mr. Henderson and his wife Sandra live in Freeland. They have two daughters, Chantel and Sara.
The Liberal Team at Work...
Our Liberal Team has worked to strengthen our economy and provide quality education and healthcare to all Islanders. I am proud to be part of the Liberal team that:
- INITIATED the Holland College LPN program in O’Leary
- DEVELOPED West Point into a major Island Tourism destination
- UPGRADED approximately 25 km of Rte #2 highway from Northam Corner to Beaton Road turn off and safe access at O’Leary Corner
- Created and enhanced funding to 4 community based Watershed groups supporting the entire riding of O’Leary – Inverness’s brooks and streams
- SUPPORTED the construction of housing in O’Leary for those requiring extended care, for those with disabilities and low income seniors
District 25 Executive
Vice President - Male: John Buchanan
Vice President - Female: Nancy Wallace
Your MLA: Robert Henderson