The Liberal Party of Prince Edward Island has always taken a team approach - because we firmly believe that good government is the result of listening to as many voices as possible.
Over the past number of years, the Liberal government has been guided by that principle. In turn, that approach has allowed us to:
- Maintain and protect our provincial economy in the face of a global economic downturn;
- Introduce full-day kindergarten into the public school system;
- Improve our early childhood system - so that it is now one of the best in Canada;
- Encourage record numbers of young Islanders to enter post-secondary education;
- Created a family medicine residency program - to encourage young doctors to study and practice on the Island;
- And keep a firm line on tax fairness.
I am very proud of the Liberal government - and I am especially proud to be a member of a Liberal team that listens to Islanders and works diligently on their behalf.
Thank you for the privilege of serving you. It has been a pleasure.
Premier Robert Ghiz